Petro Rabigh was founded in 2005 as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. The plant is valued at about US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives. Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $9 billion that reached full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and provided a wide range of new high value-added products, some of which are exclusive to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
Duties and responsibility
1. Technical support:
Lead or conduct engineering designs, work processes and troubleshooting activities for engineering problems to ensure that work is completed as required in compliance with engineering practices, standards and qualities
2. Engineering Studies:
Initiate, lead, and conduct engineering studies and analysis, with respect to scope, economic value, strategic perspective and planning, budgetary considerations in order to support the development, formulate engineering basis / justifications, objectives, expected monetary benefits (if available) and develop / implement prioritized solutions to sustain the benefits
3. Support for Project Management:
Provide technical support and consultancy services for engineering projects, including scope definition, interrelationship, physical solution definition, cost estimation, supervise project execution to ensure the project is implemented as per plan
4. Process Improvement:
Initiate, lead, and conduct process improvement via process control, automation and optimization activities to improve existing facilities
As assigned, prepare, review and consolidate root cause analysis or investigation reports or engineering studies in order to support Management decision-making, and plant trouble shooting
Provide engineering training and coaching to engineers and supervise their work to ensure proper transfer of knowledge and skills as well as work performance as per standards.
1. Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Chemical / Instrumentation / Automation / Control Engineering (related fields) from a reputable university.
2. Min 15 years working experiences in process control, automation and optimization in refinery / petrochemical industry.
3. Certifications, such as Professional / Chartered Engineer preferable but not required.
4. Strong knowledge, skills and experiences in process control, automation and optimization covering refineries / petrochemical processes on various type of Process Control System, PCS (i.e. Yokogawa DCS, SIS Triconex, PLC etc.), DCS regulatory and complex control system, as well as Advanced Process Control (APC) project implementations, Multi Unit / Real Time Optimizer (RTO) applications / technology (i.e. Honeywell and Aspen) and alarms management rationalization.
5. High analytical skills (i.e. develop / improve control strategy and solutions / procedures / programs / engineering practices, codes, standards and specifications which align with plant economics and business requirements by implementing control improvement on integrated unit-wide / plant-wide/ complex-wide applications).
6. Lead, conduct and provide technical support / consultancy services for multi disciplinary engineering sections and cross functional activities related to process control.
7. Demonstrated specialty / expertise on related field work (i.e. with records / commendable / creditable / proven results)