Petro Rabigh was founded in 2005 as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. The plant is valued at about US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives. Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $9 billion that reached full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and provided a wide range of new high value-added products, some of which are exclusive to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
Duties and responsibility
1. Lead or provide technical resolutions / recommendations to the plant issues in the area(s) of speciality or in an assigned field to ensure reliable and safe plants operations.
2. Lead or Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to address or investigate major concerns / disruptions and/or improvement opportunities in the areas of speciality or assignment.
3. Develop or Review technical deliverables to ensure solutions to plant issues is in compliance with Engineering standards, reliability/integrity and safety requirements.
4. Execute departmental initiatives and strategies in order to meet long term company goals.
5. Conduct performance reviews of subordinates and execute staff development program on the concerned area(s).
6. Attending OME or Other communication meetings.
7. Response to query or assignments not falling down on Main key accountability.
1- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree in Mechanical/Process or Chemical Engineering or equivalent from reputable universities.
2- More than 15 years technical experience in engineering field in refinery or petrochemical, preferably with at least 4 years in technical supervisory position.
3- Demonstrated specialty and expertise and records on related field of work.
4- Subject matter expert on Mechanical Integrity (MI) management/plant trouble shooting as well as layer of protection analysis and process safety management including PSM KPIs management.
5- Excellent knowledge of Process engineering practices, design detail and calculation method, especially in layer of protection analysis.
8. Thorough knowledge of PSM /MI management practices, especially proper KPIs analysis and management.
9. Thorough knowledge of international codes / standard related to Safety Instrumented functions analysis and calculations and management.
10. Thorough knowledge of process, operations, maintenance and engineering practices in refinery or petrochemical plants.
11. Excellent knowledge and skills of trouble shooting and facility investigation/ recommendation generation & long term strategic planning capability on the concerned field.
12. Problem solving skills with good communication manner.