Petro Rabigh was founded in 2005 as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. The plant is valued at about US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives. Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $9 billion that reached full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and provided a wide range of new high value-added products, some of which are exclusive to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
Duties and responsibility
1. Lead or provide technical resolutions / recommendations to the plant issues in the area(s) of specialty or in an assigned field to ensure reliable and safe plants operations.
2. Lead or Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to address or investigate major concerns / disruptions and/or improvement opportunities in the areas of specialty or assignment.
3. Develop or Review technical deliverables to ensure solutions to plant issues is in compliance with Engineering standards, reliability/integrity and safety requirements.
4. Execute departmental initiatives and strategies in order to meet long term company goals.
5. Conduct performance reviews of subordinates and execute staff development program on the concerned area(s).
1- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent from reputable universities.
2- More than 15 years technical experience in engineering field in refinery or petrochemical, preferably with at least 4 years in technical supervisory position.
3- Demonstrated specialty and expertise and records on related field of work.
4- Subject matter expert or technical authority in piping design and stress analysis as well as valves selections.
5- Excellent knowledge of Piping and accessories (e.g. valve) engineering practices, design detail and calculation method.
6. Thorough knowledge of Mechanical static equipment engineering practices, design detail and calculation method.
7. Thorough knowledge of international Mechanical related codes / standard.
8. Through knowledge of process, operations, maintenance and engineering practices in refinery or petrochemical plants.
9. Excellent knowledge and skills of trouble shooting and facility investigation/ recommendation generation & long term strategic planning capability on the concerned field.