Petro Rabigh was founded in 2005 as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. The plant is valued at about US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives. Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $9 billion that reached full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and provided a wide range of new high value-added products, some of which are exclusive to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
Duties and responsibility
· Conduct feasibility studies, conceptual studies, and pre-FEED work on our refinery and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies.
· Perform process economic evaluations of existing and potential new refining and petrochemical facilities.
· Lead integrated project teams to prepare design basis scoping papers to define capital projects involving refineries and petrochemical investments.
· Interface with related stakeholders, Operations, Engineering, Production Planning (PPD), Process Engineering (PED),
· New Business Development, Engineering (PMD), Project Management (BOTB), and Corporate Management.
· Direct evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities.
· Prepare and make presentations to Corporate Management on refining petrochemical investment opportunities.
· Perform any other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Leader of Facility Planning.
· Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
· Ideally an active member of a Professional Engineer Association
· Degree in Economics or equivalent working experience
· 10 years of working experience of having worked for the refinery of petrochemical operations.
· Should have minimum ten years’ experience in the following refining technologies (as examples: Crude Distillation
· (CDU), -
· Vacuum Distillation (VDU), C4 Alkylation, Catalytic Reforming, Aromatics (BZ/PX), C4/C5/C6 and Xylene Isomerization,
· Various Hydro Processing (NHT/DHT/VGOHT/MHC), High olefin Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Steam Cracking (Ethane Cracking),
Sulphur and Amine, Steam Reforming, Hydrogen manufacturing, Metathesis and Petrochemicals such as LLDPE,