Petro Rabigh was founded in 2005 as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. The plant is valued at about US $10 billion (25% funded by the public and the remainder equally funded by Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical) and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives. Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $9 billion that reached full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and provided a wide range of new high value-added products, some of which are exclusive to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
- Analyze engineering problems, with respect to scope, economic value, long range planning and, budgetary considerations in order to support the development and formulate the basis for engineering studies in any of several basic or special engineering fields. Execute studies and analysis as need base or as instructed by Department Management.
- Support for engineering projects, including scope definition, interrelationship, physical solution definition, and cost estimation, and supervise project execution.
- Recommend modifications in order to improve existing facilities and standardization, enhance safety and operability’s, etc.
- As assigned, prepare, review or consolidate root cause analysis or investigation reports or engineering studies in order to support Management decision-making and plant trouble shootings.
- Provide coaching to lower levels engineers and supervise their work to ensure proper transfer of skills and work performance as per standards
- Generate a preventive maintenance activities list in instrumentation areas and work out with PM/QC group to optimize/reinforce PM activities and frequency based on received feedback from maintenance department and to track PM effectiveness.
• BS or Engineering degree in Electronics Engineering (Electrical Engineering with major in Electronics) or related field from reputable universities.
• Min 10 years of experience in Instrument Engineering, preferably in oil & petrochemical industry."
• Certification, such as Professional Engineer and Certified Professional is desirable
• Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, calculation methods, and design details related to field instrument
• Working knowledge of economic principles, engineering codes, standards and specifications.
• Lead engineers in performing special high level assignments requiring extensive demonstrated technical knowledge."
• Analytical skills (develop control methods, procedure and programs to eliminate causative factors associated with specific problems)."
• Results orientation, Conceptualization, Computer and Leadership skills (provide engineering service to identify and appraise solutions for the assigned function)
• Excellent English Communication & Report Writing Skills