COOP Development Program
Rabigh Refining and Petrochemical Company (Petro Rabigh) provides educational opportunities and on-job training to junior and senior students to support their academic development, help build their characters and life skills with a focus on safety principles. This is to enable the students to achieve their maximum potential and enhance their future opportunities.
Cooperative Training Program
Junior and senior students whose universities and colleges require that they have a practical training prior to graduation are eligible to enroll in this program.
Admission Requirements Where applications are considered based on the availability of vacancies and the following criteria
Offered benefits during the program period
- The applicant must be a Saudi national
- The applicant must be in the last year of the B.S degree program.
- The field of study must be related to the company's activities.
- The applicant's cumulative average must not be less than (3/4) or (4/5) or its equivalent. Priority is given to candidates with higher grades.
- The required training period should be of 26 Weeks (maximum) as a COOP Program (Full Time). The period is to be determined in the letter addressed to the company.
- The applicant must not have graduated from his/her university and college.
- Applicants must complete the entire training period.
- It is not allowed to register study materials during the training period.
- The training must be a requirement
- Required majors are (Mechanical Engineering - Electrical Engineering - Chemical Engineering - Industrial Engineering – Network Engineering - Electrical Technician - Chemistry - Computer Science - Accounting – Information Security Engineering – Management Information System – Chemical Engineering Technician – Supply Chain – Civil Engineering –– Logistic Major – Electro-Mechanic Engineering –– Instrument Engineering – Computer Engineering – Electronics Engineering – System Engineering – Automation Engineering – Environment – Marine – Geology – Biology).
The required documents
- Monthly stipend.
- A housing unit and bus transportation from Jeddah will be provided for eligible male and female students according to the housing or Bus plan of Petro Rabigh, and escorts are not allowed inside the housing.
Candidates for this program must submit the following documents
- A copy of the national ID.
- A copy of the latest official transcript.
- A letter from the university containing the purpose and duration of the training.
- National address for whom interested to obtain a housing.
The program is designed to fulfill the following objectives:
- Providing students with an opportunity to enrich their university experiences by linking academic studies with the actual work environment. Students will also have the opportunity to assess their professional interests in their field of specialization.
- Enabling colleges and universities to evaluate the academic preparation of their students through the report of the student's university training program, and oral statements.
- These assessments help colleges and universities ensure the effectiveness of academic training in preparing students for their future working lives.
- Giving students the opportunity to acquire new skills, innovative thinking, practice problem-solving and decision-making skills.